Sunday, January 6, 2013

003. Recipe; Sloppy Joe Squares

Instead of the recipe tab, I'm going to post each one in a new post on the blog. I think I may do the same for my reviews as well and leave Influenster to have it's own spot. Just because on the page tabs you have to make everything on one entry. I don't care for that much. Anyways, here is a new recipe we tried tonight. It put a twist on our family favorite, sloppy joes. I served it with seasoned fries.

Photobucket
Ingredients
1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef  (I used 2lbs)
1 can (15.5 oz) sloppy joe sauce  (I used a 16oz can of tomato paste and 2 packets of McCormick's Sloppy Joe season)
2 cans (12 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated Big & Buttery crescent dinner rolls
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (I used 4 cups)
1 tablespoon sesame seed (Optional as I excluded this)

1) Heat oven to 350°F. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in sauce (or if you do it my way, the paste and season packets). Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.

2) Unroll 1 can of the dough; place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of dish. Spread beef mixture over dough; sprinkle with cheese. Unroll second can of dough; place over cheese. Sprinkle with sesame seed.

3) Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and dough is golden brown. Cut into squares to serve.

Link to original recipe: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/sloppy-joe-squares/d5923ff9-fd94-4e00-94f6-293c0f97ba70

Photobucket

This was really good, cheap and quick. Those are the best kind of Sunday meals! :)

4 comments: