Tuesday, March 26, 2013

017. Family happenings

We started getting Daniel, again after 2.5 years of not seeing him. Long story short, we have a court date next month and we'll finally have joint custody paperwork signed and set in stone. We've had him the past two weekends and he went home yesterday since the boys are out for spring break here. We've been taking them to do all kinds of fun stuff. We took them to Chuck E Cheese the first weekend. It was Daniel's first time, I hadn't seen a child that happy in my life. The next weekend/this past weekend we took them all out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. I loved all the looks and responses we got having all 6 boys in tow. People kept asking if they were all ours and if we were gonna be trying for a girl. I always tell them we plan on having another and I'd want it to be a boy. I love the expressions I get, lol. What can I say? We LOVE having a big family.

 photo daniel_zps0b159a4a.jpg

Geoff took the boys to Evans this weekend to camp out. Zachary and I stayed behind because he's a very particular baby and will not sleep anywhere but his crib. It was quite the change. Sunday we spent a few hours at Mom's and had dinner at her house. Monday, Zachary and I went shopping for a few hours then met up with my sister's for lunch at Chili's. It felt so odd only having one kid but I really missed my crazy kiddos. I'm just used to the chaos of having a big family.
 photo IMG_20130324_210628_zps6f445fde.jpg

Geoff brought me back a new toy. She's actually pretty old but she works like a charm. She's small enough to keep in my pocket, my purse or even my bra. I had been asking for a smaller gun for awhile now so I'm pretty excited about it. I'm trying to think of a name for her. My other gun is pink so I named her princess! :)) Any suggestions?!

 photo IMG_20130326_094545_zps7fb8f868.jpg

This morning the plumbers came out and replaced our hot water heater. The other one was pretty old and was leaking from underneath. I don't know which was worse, having no hot water or having water under my wood floors. But the guy told me he dried out the floors and they didn't need replacing so that's a good thing.

 photo IMG_20130326_113947_zpsd51ed295.jpg

I want this cold weather to go away. We just shocked and vacuumed our entire pool last weekend. I'd really like to start swimming with the boys again. Hoping the weather is nice enough to have a pool party/crawfish boil soon. We bought that pool last summer and literally only used it a hand full of times. It's a beast to clean and keep maintained but it's also a great activity for the boys to enjoy.

Hope everyone has a great week, till next time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment